Bottle Shock

Image by Hambear via Flickr

In 2008 there was a hilarious movie called bottle shock where a winery owner throws away all his bottles of Chardonnay because they were brown in color. His son finds out that the condition is temporary and they clear up. The son saves the day! Bottle shock is a real condition that most if all home wine makers experience. This condition happens after you bottle your wines. I have tasted my wine at bottling time and it was great. After bottling, if you open a bottle too soon, it can be musky in smell and taste. DO NOT THROW THEM AWAY! after a few weeks the condition disappears and the wine tastes great again. Now I never open a bottle until it is in the bottle at least 1 month.

Advertisements